Missing teeth can have a serious impact on your smile and oral health. If you are missing one or more teeth, Dr. Robert Galliani and Dr. Larry Mulvaney may recommend a dental bridge to replace them and restore your smile.
Dental bridges are fixed (non-removable) restorations and are anchored in place with two dental crowns. These crowns are placed on either side of the bridge and are placed either on the teeth to either side of the gap or on dental implants. The crowns hold the bridge in place to ensure that it will not easily shift or come loose, which gives you back a confident and functional smile.
Bridges usually require two appointments at the office of Galliani, Mulvaney and Associates to complete. During the first, the teeth are prepared and an impression is taken. This impression is then sent to a dental lab where the bridge is created. When you return for your second appointment, our dentists will check that the bridge fits properly before anchoring it in place to complete your treatment.
Some of the benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat and smile normally
- Alleviating stress on your bite
- Preventing your natural teeth from shifting out of position and becoming misaligned
- Supporting the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing or preventing the need for a removable partial denture
- Improving the appearance of your smile
To schedule a consultation with our dentists and find out if a dental bridge in Deerfield, Illinois, is right for you, contact our office today at (847) 282-4955.