Is your tooth damaged? Ask our dentists at the office of Galliani, Mulvaney and Associates about the benefits of dental crowns!
Also known as dental caps, crowns work to restore the strength, appearance and function of your teeth after they have been damaged. Crowns are custom-made restorations and fit over the entire visible portion of your teeth to restore your smile. Our dentists may recommend a crown to:
- Protect and restore a tooth that has received a root canal
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge that is replacing missing teeth
- Cap a dental implant post to complete an implant treatment
- Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- Support a large filling when a tooth has little natural tooth structure left
- Improve the appearance of your smile
Crowns may be made of gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are especially popular due to the fact that they look and feel like your original teeth.
It usually takes two appointments to complete a dental crown. During the first appointment, the tooth is prepared and an impression is taken so that the crown can be designed and created. After the crown has been fabricated, you will return for your second appointment, and our dentists will check that the crown fits and bond it in place.
We welcome you to contact us at (847) 282-4955 to learn more about dental crowns in Deerfield, Illinois, and schedule your consultation with Dr. Robert Galliani or Dr. Larry Mulvaney.